We hold our staff to high expectations to ensure high quality care.
- - Must be 18 or older
- - Must have High School Diploma or GED
- - Level 2 screening is required for all childcare personnel and includes a criminal record check (both national and statewide), a sexual predator and sexual offender registry search, and child abuse and neglect history of any state in which an individual resided during the preceding 5 years. Person must be deemed eligible by DCF through the Clearinghouse to gain employment.
- - Each staff person must agree with and sign ACSI’s Statement of Faith and LGCDC’s Staff Behavioral Standards.
Minimum Training Requirements
- Each staff person must successfully complete 45 hours of DCF childcare training in the following areas:
- - Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations
- - Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- - Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- - Child Growth and Development
- - Behavioral Observation and Screening
- - Special Needs Appropriate Practices
- - Early Literacy
- Each staff person must also successfully complete training in Infant/Child/Adult CPR and First Aid, Fire Extinguisher Use, and Bloodborne Pathogens. Staff that work in our Before & Afterschool program must also complete training in Transportation Safety.