The World Evangelism Fund fuels the Church of the Nazarene’s global mission. Because we can do more working together than we can alone, every church shares a small portion of income for the purpose of making Christlike disciples in the nations.
Thanksgiving Offerings support the World Evangelism Fund: (statistics for 2020):
- Outreach to 164 world areas
- Support for more than 531 missionaries (includes long-term Mission Corps volunteers)
- Training for many national workers
- Pensions for 406 retired missionaries
- Support for primary and secondary schools
- Supporting Bible/theological colleges, universities, seminaries and vocational and training colleges with more than 49,244 students
- Support for community-based clinics and health care centers
- Partnered with World Mission Broadcast giving approximately $233,667. This provides radio, television, and Internet programs to share the gospel globally.
- Administrative expenses for Work & Witness to deploy 270 teams and Alabaster to fund hundreds of construction projects in all six global regions.
- Base support for the facilitation of Nazarene Compassionate Ministries projects, the JESUS Film projects, and others
The Offering of Thanksgiving allows us to share Christ’s love around the world. We are supporting the actions of Nazarenes loving others in Christ’s name, truly making Christlike disciples in all nations. Lake Gibson Church will collect the Thanksgiving Offering Nov. 21 & Nov. 28, 2021.